The Revenue Commissioners have appointed the National Car Testing Service (NCTS) to carry out a range of vehicle registration functions on their behalf.
From 1 September 2010, it will no longer be possible to register a vehicle at a Revenue Vehicle Registration Office (VRO). Instead, the vehicle must be brought to an NCT Centre for registration.
You must book your appointment with the NCTS within 7 days of the vehicle entering the State and have completed the registration within 30 days of the vehicle entering the State.
New Guide and FAQs
Revised Lealfets & FAQs
- FAQs – CO2 based Vehicle Registration Tax
- Before you Purchase a Car Abroad
- Temporary Exemptions for Foreign Registered Vehicles
- Transfer of Residence
- Transfer of Residence Duty-Free Vehicles
- Reserve a Registration Number
- Appeal Procedures
- Owner Name and Address Declarations