ROS Pay and File Deadline 12 November 2015 – Useful Tips

Deadline for self- assessmentfree

The Income Tax Pay & File deadline for ROS customers is 12th November 2015. To avail of this extended deadline, you must file the 2014 Form 11 return and make the appropriate payment through ROS for:

  • Preliminary Tax for 2015,
  • Income Tax balance due for 2014.

Where only one of these actions is completed through ROS, the extension does not apply and the required date to submit returns and payments is 31st October 2015.

A system of full self-assessment now applies. Individuals or their agents must include a self-assessment of the tax payable when making a return. ROS will do this calculation for you and provide a template of your self-assessment.

Completing Form 11

Help with filing the Form 11, including full self-assessment, is available in the ROS Help Centre and on the Revenue website at: Completing Your Income Tax Return.

Capital Acquisitions Tax

For beneficiaries who received gifts or inheritances with valuation dates in the year ended 31st August 2015 and who make a Capital Acquisitions Tax return and the appropriate payment through ROS, the due date is also extended to the 12th November 2015. Otherwise the 31st October 2015 deadline applies.

ROS Technical Helpdesk – Extended Opening Hours

From 28th October 2015 to 12th of November 2015 the ROS phone lines will be providing an extended service. Further details can be found in eBrief 98/2015.

ROS Pay & File Tips

Digital Certificate

You should login ROS now, to ensure that you can access ROS successfully. If you have problems logging into ROS, please visit the ROS Help Centre by clicking on the ROS Help link.

Please note that there are now two options for logging in to ROS, Java and JavaScript. The Java option will be removed in December 2015. We recommend that you change to the JavaScript login if you have not already done so. Detailed information on the upcoming ROS Login Changes including instructions and video can be viewed at ROS Help Centre.

Your ROS digital certificate is stored on your computer. If you have lost your digital certificate please contact the ROS Technical Helpdesk to obtain a new one. If you are registering for ROS, you should allow at least two weeks to complete the registration process.

ROS Technical Helpdesk Contact Details

Phone : 1890 201106 (353 1 7023021)
Email :
MyEnquiries : Submit an enquiry by selecting the headings: “Other than the above” – “Revenue Online Service (ROS) Technical Support”.

Client List

Agents can register their clients using the eRegistration service on ROS. A link is available on the Agents Services home screen. Agents must be linked to their clients before submission of the return; it may take up to 2-3 working days for the agent/client link to be recorded on the eRegistration system. Agents who require access to PAYE details must be linked to their client and have submitted the relevant client authorisation letters for both the Income Tax and PAYE taxheads.Please remember that a return will not be accepted through ROS if the client is not linked to the agent submitting the return.

Offsetting Refunds

If the submission of a Form 11 return generates a refund and you want this refund offset against your Preliminary Tax or Capital Gains Tax liabilities, you must complete the Statement of Net Liabilities. Ideally the Statement of Net Liabilities and the Form 11 should be filed on the same day.

Refunds can be received directly into your bank account, which is quicker than receiving and lodging a cheque. To provide bank account details for future refunds, please login to ROS and use the “Manage Bank Accounts” option.


When making a payment, all ROS Debit Instructions (RDIs) should be in place in advance of due filing dates. It should be noted that due to the payment cycles introduced by SEPA (Single European Payments Area), it may take up to 7 working days following the payment date to debit the nominated bank account.

If payment is being made by Debit Card, Credit Card or Online Banking, please note that banks may have monetary thresholds – i.e. daily limits – and transactions may be rejected.

Debit and Credit card transactions are processed immediately. Credit card transactions incur a facilitation fee.

ROS Payment Support Unit Contact Details

If you need assistance with making payments on ROS, you can contact ROS Payment Support Unit

Phone : 1890 226336 (353 1 7023052)
Email :
MyEnquiries : Submit an enquiry by selecting the headings: “Other than the above” – “Revenue Online Service (ROS) Payments”.

Pre-Populated Form 11

If you have filed a return for 2013 you will have the option to complete an online or offline pre-populated 2014 Form 11 return. The pre-populated information is based on last year’s tax return or information available from Revenue records, such as PAYE earnings details from your employer, or information on taxable social welfare payments from the Department of Social Protection.

ROS Online

You can select “Complete a Form Online” from the “My Services” screen on ROS. Select “Income Tax” as tax type, “Form 11” as return type, and click “File Return”. Select “New” to start a return, or “Edit” to retrieve a saved version already started.

ROS Offline Application

While it is easier and more convenient to use the ROS Online pre-populated form, if you wish to use the ROS Offline Application to prepare your Form 11 please ensure that you have the latest version of both the ROS Offline Application and the Form installed. Help is available by clicking on the ROS Help link on the “Login to ROS” screen under the heading “Installing and using the ROS Offline Application”. You can download a pre-populated Form 11 from the “My Services” screen on ROS by clicking on the “Download Pre-populated Returns” tab on the left side of the screen.

Basis of Assessment

When completing the Form 11, please remember to select the correct basis of assessment to ensure the correct version of the form is presented to you for completion.

PAYE Details and DSP Payments

Pre-populated details of income, tax, USC, and payments from the Department of Social Protection (if relevant) are shown in a table at the start of the “PAYE/BIK/Pensions” panel. Please remember, you must enter the correct figures – either from these tables or from P60(s)/P45(s) – in the relevant space in your Form 11. If you have already received a PAYE refund for 2014, those details should be included in the relevant field.

Relevant Contracts Tax

Customers registered for the electronic Relevant Contracts Tax (eRCT) system as Subcontractors or Principal/Subcontractors should note that the Statement of Net Liability (Pay and File) screen in ROS will display the amount of RCT credit available for 2014 for offset against either the balance of tax for 2014 or against your 2015 Preliminary Tax. The RCT credit is displayed for information purposes only.

Customers should note that the amount of RCT credit for 2014 will be automatically offset against any outstanding Income Tax liability. Any credit remaining after the 2014 Form 11 has been filed and the tax paid, will be refunded to the customer.

Customers have the option to offset 2015 RCT credit against their 2015 Preliminary Tax liability or they can use the normal payment facilities to pay all or part of their preliminary tax if they so wish. In that case, the RCT credits will only be used against any remaining balance. The facility to file a Statement of Net Liability without payment and to file a return without a Statement of Net Liability is still available.

Local Property Tax (LPT) Compliance

If you have failed to submit your LPT return, or have failed to pay the LPT due or have not entered into an agreed payment arrangement up to 12 November 2015, a surcharge of 10% is to be applied to the final tax liability due on the Form 11 return. When making your self-assessment you must specify if the LPT surcharge is to be added (or enter 0 if you are LPT compliant and no surcharge is due).

Where the LPT position is subsequently brought up to date, the amount of the surcharge will be capped at the amount of the LPT liability. If this occurs, any appropriate overpayments from the revised surcharge will be available for refund/offset.


Budget 2016

The Budget was announced on Tuesday 13th November and the headline news was it was a budget with ‘something for everyone’. Michael Noonan proudly announced the only tax going up was the 50 cent increase in a pack of cigarettes.noonan

Income will be increasing in 2016 as promised and the main tax reasons for that are as follows :

  • USC changes with the bands increasing and the rate decreasing.
  • Increase in carers credit for those married with children and one spouse on low income.
  • New tax credit for the self-employed called the earned income
  • With PRSI, there is a new tapered system for those earning between €352.02 and €424 weekly which is being introduced to effectively reduce the PRSI charge for the lower income earners.
  • Employers PRSI is now being charged at the lower rate of 8.5% on weekly wages from €376.00.


Inheritance tax from Oct 2015 will have the son/daughter tax free exemption increased from €225,000 to €280,000 which is in response to the increase in capital values in the last few years of assets.

From 1 January, a reduced capital gains tax rate of 20pc will apply to the sale of all or part of a business with an overall limit of €1m in chargeable gains.


Here is a summary of the tax measures introduced.



For a detailed view of Budget 2016, click here.


For tax advice on how this budget effect you contact us at

071 91 69647 or email at



Tax Clearance Certificates (changes)

 Update on tax clearance expiry dates and eTax Clearance


In line with changes introduced in the Finance Act 2014, electronic Tax Clearance (eTC) will be introduced from January 1st 2016.

As previously advised in eBrief No. 37/15 and eBrief No. 55/15, tax clearance certificates issuing in the period from April 1st 2015 have an expiry date of December 31st 2015. As part of the ongoing preparations for the introduction of eTC, certificates issuing in the period from July 1st to September 30th 2015 will have an expiry date of March 31st 2016.

From January 1st 2016 all applications for tax clearance will be through the new electronic Tax Clearance system. The up-to-date tax clearance status of customers will be available to be checked online by Public Service Bodies, taxpayers and their agents on an ongoing basis as required.

Applicants will apply for tax clearance in the new eTC system and will be given a Tax Clearance Access Number which they will give to the Public Service Body who needs to verify their tax clearance status.

The Public Service Body will use the PPSN/tax reference number and the Tax Clearance Access Number to verify – via the Revenue On-line Service (ROS) – that an applicant holds a tax clearance certificate.


Print this page

Important changes to Agricultural Relief – CAT

Capital Acquisitions Tax- Agricultural Relief- Finance Act 2014 changes – Frequently Asked farmQuestions

Finance Act 2014 made changes to the capital acquisitions tax (CAT) relief that is available for gifts and inheritances of agricultural property and assets (Agricultural Relief). These changes gave effect to some of the recommendations made by the Agri-Taxation Review, a joint initiative by the Ministers for Finance and Agriculture, Food and the Marine.

A pdfGuide to farming taxation measures contained in Finance Act 2014 (PDF, 79KB) is available. This includes details, inter alia, of the CAT changes. pdfPart 11 of the CAT Manual (Agricultural Relief) (PDF, 153KB) has now been updated to make it more comprehensive and to reflect the Finance Act 2014 changes. The Q & A’s below deal with these changes.


CAT Agricultural Relief – Finance Act 2014 changes – Q & A’s

1. Q. What constitutes 50% of a person’s normal working time?

A. A 40-hour working week is taken as indicative of normal working time. So, a farmer who works 20 hours per week on the farm satisfies the requirement, even if he or she spends more than 20 hours per week in an off-farm employment.

2. Q. I work 30 hours per week in an off-farm employment. I also work 10 hours per week on my farm. Do I satisfy the ‘working time’ test?

A. No. Revenue will accept that a person’s normal working time (including on-farm and off-farm) approximates to 40 hours per week. As a person is required to spend at least 50% of his or her working time on farming activities, the test is not satisfied.

3. Q. I get occasional part-time off-farm work that averages out over the year at 15 hours per week. My on-farm work averages out over the year at 18 hours per week. Do I satisfy the ‘working time’ test?

A. Possibly. If a person can show that his or her normal working time is somewhat less than 40 hours per week, the 50% requirement will be applied to the actual hours worked, subject to the farmer being able to show that the farm is farmed on a commercial basis and with a view to the realisation of profits.

Back to Top

4. Q. In the event of an audit what types of records will Revenue typically seek as evidence that the ‘active farmer’ test is being met?

A. It is not envisaged that any additional records, over and above those required for tax purposes generally, should be necessary to establish that a person actively carries on farming activities. It should normally be clear from the level of farming activity carried on and the normal books and records of the farm, including purchases, sales, livestock records, (where relevant), etc. A farmer is not expected to keep a timesheet of hours worked on the farm.

5. Q. What factors will Revenue consider in determining whether relief is available in respect of forestry land?

A. The farming of forestry land is generally less labour intensive than other farming activities. Revenue recognises that such land can be actively farmed on a commercial basis with a view to making a profit even though it may not require 50% of a person’s normal working time. If a farmer can demonstrate that the forestry is actively managed on a commercial basis – even if much of the work is subcontracted to third parties – this, together with the normal books and records required for tax purposes, should normally be adequate to enable Revenue to determine whether relief is due.

6. Q. If a beneficiary cannot meet the ‘active farmer’ requirements immediately because of existing work commitments or other personal circumstances, will the relief be refused?

A. Where a beneficiary intends to start farming but is genuinely unable to do so immediately from the valuation date because of existing work/study commitments or other personal circumstances such as living/working abroad, the relief will not be refused once the beneficiary begins actively farming the land within one year after the valuation date of the gift or inheritance.

7. Q. What happens where a beneficiary/lessee has not achieved the required agricultural qualification when the agricultural property is inherited but is still engaged in a course of study leading to such qualification?

A. Agricultural relief can be availed of where a required agricultural qualification is achieved within a 4 year period of the date of the gift/inheritance. The relief can be claimed on a conditional basis by the beneficiary/lessee. However, the beneficiary must recalculate his or her gift tax/inheritance tax if the qualification is not then obtained within the 4 year period.

8. Q. What happens if I enter into several leases of property subject to agricultural relief to active or qualified farmers ?

A. There is no restriction on the number of leases a beneficiary can enter into provided the qualifying conditions are met for each lease and for each lessee.

Back to Top

9. Q. Where a beneficiary leases farmland, is he or she required to monitor the lessee’s use of the land or check his or her farming qualifications?

A. The beneficiary should establish that the lessee has the required farming qualification and the lease should provide for this. In addition the lease should contain a clause requiring the lessee to farm the land so as to satisfy the ‘active farmer’/’working time’ requirement for the duration of the lease. The lease should provide that any breach of these requirements will result in the termination of the lease.

10. Q. The farmland I have inherited is already subject to a long lease to an active farmer. Therefore, I am unable to personally farm the land or grant a qualifying lease from the valuation date. Can I still qualify for relief?

A. Yes, provided the land is farmed for a period of at least 6 years from the valuation date – whether by the beneficiary or by a lessee. If the existing lease ends within, say, 2 years of the valuation date the farmer can either farm the land or let it for qualifying farming purposes for the remainder of the required 6-year period.

11. Q. If the farm is leased for six years, but within this period the lease is terminated/surrendered, how long does the beneficiary have to find a new active farmer tenant before there will be a claw back of the relief?

A. The general one-year replacement rule that applies for agricultural relief purposes where assets are disposed of is acceptable in circumstances where the beneficiary has to re-let the farm. If the beneficiary re-lets the farm within the one year period after the termination or surrender of the lease a clawback will not arise.

12. Q. I have inherited farmland, animal stock, farm machinery and a farmhouse. I am leasing the farmland to an active farmer; however he has no requirement for the machinery and stock. I am also retaining the farmhouse to reside in. Can I still qualify for relief?

A. Yes, provided that substantially the whole of the agricultural property that was inherited is leased. Revenue will accept that substantially the whole of the property means at least 75% of the property by value.

13. Q. If I don’t reside in the farmhouse I inherited, instead keeping it as a holiday home, or if I leave the house vacant, or allow a family member to live in it, and lease the farmland which formed part of the same agricultural property comprised in the inheritance to a qualifying farmer, do I still qualify for the relief?

A. Yes, provided that substantially the whole (i.e. at least 75%) of the agricultural property that was inherited is leased for qualifying farming purposes.

14. Q. I have been gifted/inherited agricultural property. If I lease the farmland to a company which carries on a farming trade will I qualify for relief?

A. Yes, provided you satisfy the required conditions. The relief applies where the farmland is leased to a company whose main shareholder is a working director who farms the agricultural property on behalf of the company and who meets the ‘active farmer’ conditions.

Back to Top

15. Q. Do 80% of my assets have to be agricultural assets throughout the 6-year period starting on the valuation date of the gift/inheritance?

A. No. The ‘80% test’ applies on the valuation date only.

16. Q. If land is gifted to /inherited by a person and farmed by that person’s spouse, what is the position in relation to the availability of agricultural relief on such land?

A. The land would not qualify for agricultural relief in this scenario. The beneficiary himself/herself must meet the conditions for the relief.

17. Q. Where land is gifted to/inherited by two or more persons jointly and a dispute arises between them as to the use of the land (for example, to let it or farm it or what type of farming to engage in) and deadlock occurs, what is the Revenue position with regard to the availability of agricultural relief on such land?

A. It is a matter for the owners themselves to resolve any such deadlock. If the land is neither farmed nor leased for qualifying farming purposes the relief does not apply.

18. Q. If a clawback of agricultural relief applies, how do I calculate the amount of the clawback?

A. Any necessary clawback should be calculated in accordance with the formula contained in section 89(4)(aa) CATCA 2003.

19. Q. Where a gift/inheritance is subject to the condition that it is invested in agricultural property and this condition is complied with within two years, can the beneficiary still qualify for agricultural relief?

A. Yes, provided that the beneficiary or lessee farms the land for six years from the date of investment and the ‘active farmer’/’normal working time’ requirements are satisfied.

Tax changes to subsistence rates

As published by Revenue today :

Reimbursement of Subsistence Expenses to Employees (including Directors)

While the reimbursement to an office holder or employee of expenses of travel and subsistence is a matter for the relevant body or employer, the tax treatment of such reimbursements is a separate matter. Guidance relating to the tax treatment of reimbursements is published on the Revenue website.

Following an agreed recommendation made by the General Council under the scheme of conciliation and arbitration for the Civil Service (General Council Report 1531 refers), changes will be made to the Civil Service distance requirements and rates with effect from 1 July 2015. These changes are reflected in Revenue Leaflet IT 54 – Employees’ Subsistence Expenses.

The distance requirements provide that:

  1. an overnight allowance which covers a period of up to 24 hours from the time of departure, as well as any further period not exceeding 5 hours, will only be payable free of tax in respect of an absence which is necessarily spent overnight at least 100km away from the employee’s home and normal place of work and
  2. a day allowance, which applies to a continuous absence of 5 hours or more, will only be payable free of tax where the absence is not at a place within 8 km (as opposed to 5 km) of the employee’s home or normal place of work.

Refer to pdfPart 05-02-04 (PDF, 69 KB), which is available on the revenue website under About Us / Freedom of Information / Tax and Duty Manual/Income Tax Capital Gains Tax Corporation Tax / Part 38.hotel


Sure Scheme – PAYE Tax Refunds for new companies

The Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, Richard Bruton TD, and the Minister for Finance, Michael Noonan TD, today (Thursday) unveiled SURE – a generous tax refund aimed at encouraging more people to start up businesses.seed

The ‘StartUp Refunds for Entrepreneurs’ allows entrepreneurs obtain a refund from the Government of up to 41% of the capital they invest in starting up a business.

Ministers Bruton and Noonan also today unveiled a comprehensive marketing campaign aimed at increasing awareness of SURE among people considering starting their own businesses, as part of an overall drive aimed at supporting more startups and ultimately more job-creation. This campaign includes:

  • A new website –
  • An online calculator, aimed at making it easy for people considering starting their own businesses to calculate how much they can receive under the scheme. This calculator will be made available on a range of Govt and business-related websites , and will also have a “printout” function, allowing entrepreneurs to show it to banks and other potential investors
  • An advertisement campaign using in particular local radio
  • A simple, user-friendly one-page leaflet summarising the scheme, which will be made available in hundreds of locations around the country where entrepreneurs will be able to find it
  • A new Revenue guide which explains the details of the scheme in a user friendly way

The SURE scheme operates as a refund of income tax paid by the person starting the business in the six years prior to the business being started. All income tax paid in those six years can be claimed as a refund under the scheme, subject to an overall limit of 41% of the total investment in the business.

SURE will be targeted particularly at encouraging people in PAYE employment, unemployed people and retired people to start their own business.

Launching the scheme today, Minister Bruton said:

“Two thirds of all new jobs across the economy are created by start-ups in their first five years of existence, and that is why we are putting in place a range of new measures specifically aimed at encouraging more people to start their own businesses. In Ireland we have great start-ups, we just don’t have enough of them. Through SURE, the Government is directly offering cash to people who are considering starting their own business, up to a value of 41% of their total investment. We are determined to ensure that as many people as possible are aware of this generous scheme so that more people start businesses and help create the jobs we need”.

Also launching the scheme today, Minister Noonan said:

“SURE is an excellent example of a Government initiative to provide a source of much needed funds to new businesses who often find it difficult to source seed capital.  Officials have been working closely to simplify the scheme in order to make it easier to understand and communicate to interested entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs who start their own business could receive a refund of tax previously paid of up to 41% of the capital invested in their new company. The scheme will also be marketed by the Local Enterprise Offices, who will be only too happy to assist any entrepreneurs with any queries they may have”.

For further information:

Press Office, Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation 01- 6312200 or



The SURE scheme is aimed at encouraging those who previously were in PAYE employment to start their own business. In simple terms, it provides a refund of previous income tax paid for entrepreneurs who invest in a new company.

The relaunched SURE scheme has the potential to become a more important source of finance for new businesses who often find it difficult to source seed capital.

A one page leaflet has been developed which briefly outlines the scheme and provides examples of the potential benefits. It also sets out the key terms and conditions and where potential entrepreneurs can go for additional information. The leaflet will be available in LEO offices, Revenue Commissioner offices and other locations where citizens/ potential entrepreneurs interact with the State (e.g. DSP offices, Citizen Information Offices, Employment Services Offices, Education and Training Boards, Community Enterprise Offices, etc.) It is also being circulated to industry grouping nationally (IBEC, chamber of commerce offices around the country, SFA, ISME, accountancy bodies)

A refund calculator has been developed which can be found at Given the nature of the scheme, it can be challenging for a would-be entrepreneur to estimate the potential value of this relief to them. A simple online calculator will allow anyone, with the input of minimal data (mostly available on their P60 form), to estimate what refund they might receive should they meet the terms and conditions of the scheme. It will allow the potential entrepreneurs to create a printout outlining their potential refund, amount investment and other tax details and an overview of the calculations made. We will be encouraging other organisations (e.g. Enterprise Ireland, LEOs, Revenue Commissioners, relevant Government department websites, IBEC, ISME, Chambers Ireland, etc.) to place links to the calculator on their sites. The online calculator is also linked to the ‘Supporting SMEs Online Tool’.

Small Gift Exemption

If you have a parent or recashlative whom you believe will be gifting you a cash sum in the future, it is worth avoiding gift tax now, by availing of the small gift exemption.

You are allowed receive €3,000 per annum tax free in this matter and no tax returns are necessary either.

If you do not use this means of gifting cash, the person receiving the gift could end up losing 33% of it, through Gift or Inheritance Tax.

It is to early to begin tax planning and this is one small step to minimize potential tax bills in the future.






The Companies Act 2014 will commence on 1st June 2015. It will replace the Companies Acts 1963-2013.


Forms to be used AFTER commencement on 1st June are now available on the CRO website.







There are some changes included in the new B1 form. See link below.  Please

note this form must NOT be submitted before June 1st.


Old versions of the B1 form submitted electronically (“captured”) on CORE

before 1 June will be accepted by the CRO for up to 28 days after the date of






The CRO is planning to take the following approach in relation to financial

statements attached to annual returns delivered to the Registrar on or after

1 June 2015:


  • if the financial year ends before 1 June 2015 and the financial

statements are signed by the director(s) before 1 June, they must

be prepared and filed in accordance with the 1963-2013 Companies Acts;


  • if the financial year ends before 1 June 2015 and the financial

statements are signed by the director(s) after 1 June, they may be

prepared and filed under either the 1963-2013 Companies Acts OR the

2014 Companies Act (it is envisaged that this arrangement will end

in April 2016 when all financial statements in respect of financial

years ending before 1 June 2015 should have been filed with the CRO);


  • if the financial year ends after 1 June 2015, the financial statements

must be prepared and filed under the 2014 Companies Act,


For further infomation please go to:





Under section 288 of the new Act, the financial statements attached to a

company’s first full annual return (ie with financial statements) must

cover the period from incorporation and must not be for a period longer

than 18 months. Each subsequent financial year begins on the date

immediately after the last financial year end date and must be for a

period of no more than 7 days shorter or longer than 12 months.


For further information see Section 3 of CRO Information leaflet No.23

or cRO website





A new provision in the 2014 Act is that if the company becomes aware of an

error in the Financial Statements, they should correct the error and file

the corrected documentation with the CRO not more than 28 days after the

date of revision. Where copies of the original Financial Statements or

original Directors’ Report have been laid before the company in a general

meeting or delivered to the Registrar, all revisions should be made with

reference to sections 366 to 379, CA 2014, using the Form B1X.


Where a revision is filed with the CRO, section 376(6), CA 2014, requires

that the original Financial Statements or Directors’ Report shall continue

to remain on the Register.


Also see Section 8 of CRO Information Leaflet 23.





Companies will only have to meet 2 of the 3 size criteria to qualify as a “small

company” for the purposes of claiming an audit exemption. Guarantee and Group

companies will be able to qualify for the audit exemption. There will be a new

audit exemption available to Dormant companies


Also see Section 4 of CRO Information Leaflet 23





From the commencement date of the Companies Act 2014 (1 June 2015), applications

for an extension of time to file an annual return can be made through the

District Court as per section 343(5) of the Act. The costs of making an

application to the District Court are far less than the High Court (which

is currently the court prescribed).


Consequently, from 1 June 2015, CRO will no longer be engaging in correspondence

with companies appealing the application of penalties as a result of the late

filing of an annual return. Instead, companies who need more time to file their

annual return should make an application to the District Court in the district

court area where their registered office is situated.


  1. Section 343(5) of the Act will only apply to an annual return that “is to

be delivered to the CRO on or after” 1 June 2015 (ie has not been received by

the CRO before 1 June).


See Section 1.7.3 of CRO Information Leaflet 23.

P.R.S.I. on your Deposit Interest

If you are lucky enough to be making interest on your hard earned savings, then you are unlucky enough to be paying 41% DIRT on such interest.

Portrait of a pretty young woman with a look of shock on her face

From 01.01.2014 you must also pay P.R.S.I. on this interest at 4%. You may have thought this was being deducted by the banks but in fact you must make a tax return through the self assessment system to do so…

This basically means filing a tax return through the ROS system.

To ensure you are tax compliant and avoid any penalties or interest building up contact us today for a chat on this matter.

Tel Jason on 0874199204 or email



35 Wolfe Tone St Sligo 071 91 69647